It’s our most frequently asked question: what outfit should I wear?
OK, here’s our guide to picking a costume.
- Pick the outfit for the occasion
- Buy or Hire
- Culturally acceptable (not racist, misogynistic or insensitive) | More
* I once hired an amazing looking full body suit of armour but spent the entire evening uncomfortable, unable to move my arms (no drink) and hardly able to walk.
There are costume hire shops in every state of Australia, each with a wide variety of costumes along with masks, wigs, hats, face paint and other accessories.
Hiring a costume hire may save you time and money, with a wider variety of unique costumes to choose from. Whether you are going to a fancy dress party, attending a formal function or wedding, costumes may be hired to suit the occasion and budget.
Australian sellers provide a massive range of the world’s best costumes, accessories and party supplies at great prices.
Outfits often come complete with everything required like this fabulous Batman costume from Costumes.com.au complete with Headpiece, Jumpsuit and Cape (not shoes).
- Hire: Check your local costume hire shop and check their web site for what days and times they operate, as most shops operate outside of normal business hours. Visit the shop with costume idea’s and try on a few. When you have decided on a costume, book the costume for the required date by placing a deposit.
- Buy: Visit an online costume shop, choose a costume and have it delivered to your door.